Monday, September 1, 2014

The Noodle House - Riyadh

Me and husband have been planning to try out "the noodle house" since long. Its been ages since we had a hearty Asian food, last was P.F. Chang's in Dubai. The noodle house in Riyadh is in this posh Centria Mall on the top floor. We were greeted by some very cheerful fellas, some were at the live station behind the glass and some around the entrance. I was looking for a table with a view to keep my 7 months old son busy, atleast I hoped so!

The restaurant wasn't much crowded and we were seated within few minutes and the baby chair was placed with no delay. Our server was excellent at his job, with the smiling attitude and all the answers regarding dishes and the ingredients (Yes, we ask about the main ingredients sometimes)

Unfortunately, the glass view couldn't keep my son busy and I got very little chance to click pictures of our main course. But here is what we ordered:

Kung boo chicken buns: Nothing more than ordinary, dim sums at Durrat China are far more appetizing. Kung boo, tasted like frozen dim sums straight out of freezer and microwaved! The filling was a bit mushy *sad face* I freaking love dim sums but sigh!

Shanghai Beef Noodles: These noodles are not so dry and do not have any curry! Hence, I liked them! Note: Did not loooovvvee them. The beef was perfectly cooked. There was no need to chew any piece of meat extra hard or spit it out. You know what I mean. The taste was good, seemed like right proportion of Asian sauces (soy sauce, oyster etc)

Chilli Prawns: Damn! These prawns made me happy...I wished for more and more. Perfectly cooked, rightly spiced and the little bit of crispness outside. Only if I wouldn't have to share it with my husband..lol

Egg fried rice: Again Durrat China serves better :/

And my favorite...

Fried Ice cream: I am going back to this house just for their fried ice cream, beside chilli prawns. This was the best dessert I ever had (maybe exaggerating a bit). But oh my! Vanilla ice cream, coated with nuts and then vermicelli, fried until golden! Splashed with a bit of caramel not much just little. From hot and crispy outer shell to creamy cold inside. Yum yum!


Well for the drinks I do not remember exactly but I ordered something with lychee and it was an excellent blend to enjoy with our food.

Location: Centria Mall, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Food: 5/10
Service: 9/10
Ambiance: 8/10
Price range: 59-120

Our bill was around 400 Riyals!





2 comments:

  1. Excellent, honest and clear review! Keep posting more such reviews... :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D
      Will be posting on Trader Vic's soon :)

      Delete