Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Part 2 of 2 : Istanbul,Turkey

I made it back! *happy dance*

Every time I make it back to the blog is an achievement unlocked. *Gamers talking*

So many views on the first part of this post made me want to do this last part and give it all to you guys.

Just wondering, why readers don't leave comments? Maybe a thank you or maybe that wasn't good enough? anything? Lol

Lets talk more about food in Istanbul. Remember, most of the food comes from Ottoman Empire, fancy, isn't it?

Traditional Breakfast:






This is a traditional turkey breakfast! After I got my plate and apple tea, I was thinking, is there anything more? But this is it! Can you see any carbs? And it was a challenge to eat it all.

Fresh tomatoes, cucumber slices and olives.
Boiled egg
Selection of deli meat
Olive paste.
Butter.
Selection of fresh cheese.
And a nutty spread, I don't remember exactly what that was.

Make sure do order the Ayran - the yogurt drink or apple tea if you are a tea person.


Turkistan Asevi - Turkistan Diner:





Turkistan Diner is a great family style restaurant and looks like it is being operated as a family business. I loved the ambiance, it was little dark but comfortable. Like you are guests of some Turkish family who is very hospitable and cooks delicious food. We noticed the restaurant because of the miniature buildings silhouette they have on the outside of the restaurant. 

I am a die heart fan of Mantu also called as Manti, dim sum or dumplings. This place have some amazing Mantu served with a red spicy sauce and yogurt sauce.

Marriage soup? Lol, not that marriage isn't a soup. But this is an actual soup with a yogurt base, chickpeas, potatoes and some herbs. In the winter it was soup for the soul :D


Hummus

Marriage Soup


Mantu / Manti / Dumplings

Have a look at their website for more information and more pictures!

Get trolled for ice-cream!

Too bad I lost my backup and cannot share the picture of the most TRICKIEST ice-cream on the face of earth! If you have seen those videos on YouTube where Turkish Ice-cream vendors are trolling people then you know what I am talking about.

They are really skilled tricksters! But the ice-cream is something to bite into, yes its so chewy with a rich stretchy texture. I over heard on the internet that they use a herb called as Salep which makes it stretchy.

I got trolled at Taksim Square!

Taksim Square

Chicken in your pudding!

If you are like my husband and someone told you there is chicken in your pudding, you  might never want to try it. And if you are like me, you would give it a try anyway! 



Chicken Pudding


It is believed that this is one of the dessert from Ottoman empire. The chicken breast is cooked and then shredded into very fine pieces and then they use it in the pudding mixture. Honestly, if I didn't know I would have never guessed that the texture in my pudding is the chicken. It was like any other rice pudding.


Hot Drinks:

Turkish Coffee





Sahlep - Creamy hot drink with sprinkled cinnamon powder




A little more.....



There will be a lot of road side small cafeterias, not all of them are good, they have huge variety of food but not so good!

Tempting?



Well, that's pretty much it for the food part. You may enjoy few pictures below




View from Bosphorus Cruise

Hippodrome

Down the street 

It was really cold for me!

Tulip festival and rain

Graffiti at Taksim Square

More Graffiti at Taksim Square

Yes, the love grows!

And here we are!


Well, well, we are done. And c'mon be a sport and leave some comments .. lol


Enjoy the video of live music at Taksim Square, there is live music everywhere, literally!


No comments:

Post a Comment