Friday, June 29, 2012

Tomato Chutney


Tomato Chutney


What you need:
 
6 Tomatoes 
1 Tablespoon oil
1 Teaspoon Nigella sativa/ Black seeds/Kalonji
1 Tablespoon of ginger paste
1 Tablespoon of Garlic paste
1 Teaspoon vinegar
1 Tablespoon brown sugar (you can use white as well)

Put oil on low heat and add ginger and garlic paste and Kalonji. Let it cook but don't let it go brown. Then add chopped tomatoes. If you want you can peel off the skin and then add them. I added without peeling off the skin. Make sure from time to time that tomatoes are not getting sticked on the pan.

Let it cook on medium heat until they are soft. Now, add sugar and vinegar. 
Cook until the skin is separated from the tomatoes or until thick mixture is formed. 
I didn't want to blend all the chunks, so I cooked it until they were very soft. (For about an hour on low heat) The oil will be separated. After that I blended my mixture for about 2 minutes, so that it would not form paste. Pour in a container and let it cook then refrigerate. Try to consume within two weeks.

You can vary your ingredients. 

Mine is yummy! But it was my first try. I will try to bring some variations next time :D

Enjoy !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment